View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 07:52 AM   #115
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Aduthondiel
"Isaac, I've told you all I know. I can't say anymore." Adu was furious since it seemed that Jack had come back into her life. "I try to forget it all. I have told you everything so now you'll have to figure everything else out on your own. I will not and I will never relive that part of my life." Adu placed the saddle on Count. She had decided that an afternoon ride would be good for the both of them.

She looked back at Isaac who was staring at her. Adu knew her words were harsh but wasn't suppose to strike him that hard. "Listen Isaac I'm sorry. Its hard for me to relive that part of my life. I can't stand it when I am forced to think of something so horrible." Adu wasn't telling Isaac the entire story.

Adu never saw his sword. All she saw was the horse at the tree. She had taken Rep back to Dorian. Jack had always talked about a brother he had, Adu had never met him. How many times will I have to remember that day. I can't tell Isaac everything. Isaac had a pleading look in his eyes. She couldn't handle it anymore. She told him about how Jack had told her that he wasn't going back to Dorian. Jack hated the way Dorian had treated Adu and wouldn't be able to see her being tormented. Adu was a great swordsman even if she was a woman but Jack didn't think Adu could last long under Dorian's command.

When she needed Jack the most he wasn't there. When Adu had returned with the horse Dorian had blamed her for Jack running away. Adu was made to clean up the stables, and wasn't allowed to join the others on the next journey. When I was punished for what Jack did, Hama was the one that stayed there to comfort me. I vowed that I would never go back to Jack or Dorian. When the day came for Adu to leave to find Crystal, Adu had decided that she needed to prove to Dorian that she could do it. She didn't have to rely on men to take care of her. She remembered being told that she was the elvish version of Eowyn.

"Isaac I only know that what Jack did after he abandoned me I don't know and I really don't care. I have had to live with the fact that when I needed him, he was never there. It's too late for him to come back to my life. I had almost banished him from my memories but you..." Adu stopped. She couldn't finish her sentence. What else can I do? Isaac will never make me remember the feelings I did have for Jack. All my emotions are dead now toward him. The day he left was the day he brought about his own down fall.