View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 01:14 PM   #326
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Fordim, I think it can be related back to the Pursuit of Happiness question... Yes, we are all members of the comunity of this thread. But what are we pursuing that keeps bringing us back to this thread? I won't speak for too many people here... Some of us return to the thread over and over again, because (I think) the question of canon arose and we debate often, so we were drawn in in case the debate rules changed. (raises hand) Maybe lots of us were drawn in for that reason.

But why did we stay?

I stayed, because I wanted to explore the enchantment/ eucatastrophe connection to the Story, and the connection of that to the writer. Why? I write. I desire to see my readers enchanted and experiencing eucatastrophe. So the relationship of enchantment to author's intent matters to me as an author. (I don't think I'm alone among those who have traversed this thread.)

Others here may read more than they write. Perhaps they seek the enchantment itself in what they read.

Perhaps others (and here I am guessing wildly) have other curiosities, analytical, theoretical, psychological, academic.

If some traversing this thread are simply seeking the enchantment, that may be (excuse me) the reason why they are here (I know, I know!! This is how I think, bear with me.) It may be what they are called to do at the moment. If that is the case, then the enchantment is enough. It is the perfection of the moment, with no analysis needed.

Vive le enchantment.