View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 04:33 AM   #24
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Paladir watched as Arathorn walked of to talk with Elrond about the setting off of the journey. Paladir did not know how well this new adventure would go, whether it would be just another quest in the many Paladir had already had, or whether it would be his final battle in the growing darkness of middle-earth. Either way, the Ranger knew it would be one of the greatest he ever had.

Paladir looked up into the pale blue sky pondering these thoughts when suddenly he felt a light tug on his right arm. He looked down to see a small girl standing there with a beaming smile and a small blue flower in her hand.

“Hello sir,” she said in a shy manner. “I brought you a flower so you an the otha men have good luck on your adventure.” Paladir smiled and accepted the small flower with great happiness. The little girl walked off and Paladir held the flower up to his nose. He could tell the flower was from Rivendell as the scent was more beautiful than anything he had come across in the wild before and he felt that the refreshing scent had lifted his heart.

He looked back to see the girl with tears in her eyes while speaking to her father Eirian, whom he knew he had seen before. The little girl ran off and her father was left standing there, and he seemed to be proud of his daughter for what she had done.

Paladir walked of to Eirian and smiled. “Your child is extremely kind and giving,” he began. “To be honest, if I were you I would find it difficult to take leave of a family in such times. I admire your strength to do so.”