View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 01:03 PM   #67
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
“Oh, this is a fine party, by all counts!” Hilde said with enthusiasm. “No falling bits of ceiling plaster, or wild animals, the orcs even seem to be on their best behavior! Barring hail and high winds this should be a right good weekending!” the hobbit said eyeing the elf’s plate to see it’s contents. “Try this,” she said pointing at a pale golden mass. “I don’t know who made it, but it is very good.”

“They do say hobbits know how to carry off a good party, you know,” Nerindel said politely sampling the macaroni and cheese.

“Well, I won’t say anything about that, but we certainly practice a lot!” Hilde laughed. “And from what I hear elves throw a pretty fair celebration themselves. Leastways those in Rivendell do.”

“Have you been in Rivendell then?” Nerindel queried, her interest sparked.

“Oh no not me, but a dear friend by the name of Gilly has told me of it. Ah, but that brings me back to speaking of carrying things off, I once was at a party right here in this same field you know, where a strong gust came up and all the pavilions pulled up their stakes and when skipping down Hill Lane one after another like a bunch of pinwheels! That was something to see! Only happened once to my knowledge, but it was great fun to see the children running after them.”

And as if on que, two young hobbits sailed past in front of them.