View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 05:50 PM   #16
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Alas Perky, I have finally returned home and I have the profile! This is for one of the Ranger positions.

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES/NO - Which one? Yes- many. Most were old, i.e. The Long Winter, A Hobbit's Tale, and others

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? 1- A Land to Call Their Own

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES/NO – Which one? Yes, the Green Dragon, a long while ago

For your character please include:

NAME: Eirian

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: A sharp broadsword that is always at his side- fighting is one of his more admired traits. He also has a shortbow of carved dark-stained wood that he doesn't use often, but keeps safely in its small Gondorian sheath. His armor is plain, for he likes fleet and unimpeded movement. It consists of a simple leather jerkin worn over a maroon cotton shirt, which was secured with braided cord ties at the front. Mail sleeves are attached with points. He will also wear a skirt or shirt of mail, depending on how much fighting he intends on and where he plans on doing it. He also wears a pair of mild leather gauntlets and tough, worn cowhide boots

APPEARANCE: Eirian is tall with wavy dark brown hair and deep, dull gray eyes. He has a dirty, moderately scarred face with defined cheek and chin bones. He has a slight five o'clock shadow. His frown marks and signs of aging are becoming more prominent as time wears on. When not in armor/uniform, Eirian wears linen shirts of blues and reds and boots of tough leather.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: While trying to be a family man, Eirian can be sometimes arrogant and over-involved. If a bet of strength or fighting is placed, he will never back down or not take the bet. He has good intentions, however; he never passes up an opportunity to help someone in need. Eirian often gets lost in thought over the Darkness he feels approaching; once fighting, however, he forgets all of his troubles. Although his wife tells him to take in the sites, Eirian can not bring himself to just 'walk around' and look at things without a purpose. He feels bad for himself leaving his young daughter and enceinte wife, but he knows that his fighting skill will indeed come in handy with the ever-approaching war.

HISTORY: Eirian is the eldest son of the town tanner and a merchant's daughter. Albeit he was never 'poor', money was often tight when raising five growing boys and two daughters. He met his wife at age twenty, when she was but sixteen. They married on Midsummer's Day of that year. He joined Arathorn, Chieftain of the Dunedain, at age twenty-two, and he was soon fighting constantly His wife Eria, just nineteen, bore him a son, but he was a weak baby that died at only a week old. They did not have another child for fourteen years, a daughter. Eria is now again pregnant, so he refused to leave her home; instead, she and their daughter Evelyn were brought to Rivendell with him. What they will do, however, when he leaves on his quest to defeat the orcs in Angmar, is uncertain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ArwenBaggins' post

"Papa? Papa!" A small, black-haired girl tugged on the loose leggings of a tall man dozing in a chair overlooking a beautiful, gleaming city. "Papa, lookie wat I drew! See! It's Lord Arathorn an' you fightin' some orcs!" The girl pointed to some crudely drawn stick-men and dog-like crawling figures. The man smiled and rubbed his daughter's head as she continued more solemnly, "Mama 'tolded' me dat you're gonna leave us 'gain ta fight off some baddies… but she's lyin', isn't she?"

Eirian's smile faded quickly from his wrinkling face. He bent and sat the toddler in his lap. A cool morning breeze drifted in through the balcony. It ruffled the silken nightgown of his young tot, making her giggle. He watched as Elves glided across a bridge a little way off- some were in armor. "No Evelyn, she's not lying. It will be two mornings from now, I regret to say. Darkness is stirring…" His deep eyes drifted away for a moment, but a creak of the tree growing through the middle of the room brought him back to reality. "Although, you are only four, you wouldn't understand. Why don't you go find Mama and we'll help her make breakfast," He smiled again and sat her on the dusty ground.

The girl smiled and nodded, waddling past the large tree and disappearing behind a satin curtain. Eirian stood and followed, adjusting the sword at his belt. After pushing back the lavender veil, he was met by a slender woman with a large stomach. "Good Morning Lovely," Eirian kissed the top of his woman's head and started cutting a loaf of bread. The world was good at now, if only then.

~*~*~*~

By mid-noon two days later, a modest pile of supplies was sitting just inside of the room. Evelyn was crying and rubbing her eyes on her mother's skirt. Eirian embraced them both and put his pack over his cloak, stepping out of the door. "Fear not for me, my dears. I will return, and peace will be restored. I love you both," He kissed his wife and hugged his teary-eyed daughter once more, adjusting his knapsack and putting a hand on the hilt of his sword.

He took his time getting to the royal courtyard. While he was ever avid to start killing the blasted beasts, he felt a deep quilt inside leaving his four-year-old daughter and a wife that could give birth to his third child within a month.

“Where are my Elves and Rangers!?!” Eirian heard this shouted as he entered the yard. He saw Arathorn standing with his sword unsheathed and in front of the other Dunadan.

"Come now Arathorn," Eirian unveiled his sword as well and steadied the blade. "We can not have you in a bad mood… have you see Elladan and Elrohir? They passed my door earlier, but I haven't seen them since," He shrugged and swung his sword over his head, practicing his swift killing strokes.

Eirian again sheathed his sword, sighing and finding a nearby stone bench to sit on. He flicked a piece of dark hair from his face and began, "Those fellows must think we are Elves as well; they are taking quite an eternity!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-26-2004 at 02:25 AM.