View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #210
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Aelimur

Aelimur listened to Maén carefully and intently, as she told her story.

"My character is not as it should be, it has not been so for a very long time, Its not nice living in the shadow of a traitor, less nice living with the fact that your house regrets you werent born a man. Thats what I have to be to be myself. Im sure that you have not met many noble women who would love nothing more than to be educated in the courts or eat meals with the servants to aviod conversing with their own family." Maén gave a slight smile before rolling the arm of her tunic up again.

"Nay, those as you, I have not met many of." Aelimur would have liked to have spoken more with Maén, but did not, as Roryn joined them.

“Would you like me to keep an eye on Carathir, My lady?” asked Roryn, as he came up beside Maén.

“No” Maén replied, “He’s harmless, after all why should I be afraid of him, he means well. He’s harmless you’ll see, he owes my Aunt everything .” Roryn nodded, but as he started to ride away, Maén stopped him, grabbing his arm. She whispered something in his ear, though Aelimur could not make it out, nor did he care much if he did or not.

Ferethor had seemingly caught more of the conversation then Aelimur, and called out, “Valar Help Guriel when you come to pass judgement on him Miss Il Galoth.”

Maén looked back to him, calling in reply, 'I don’t intend to pass judgement, I did that a very long time ago. What I intend Mr. Ferethor, is to bring his head to Elessar in a box.” Aelimur was not suprised by this, as he had supposed from the begining that something of this manner was what she was planning on doing to Guriel. “I apologise for my conduct gentlemen, It was uncalled for and highly morbid, and highly different to what the other feathered peacocks of the Gondorian court would express.” she rolled her eyes. Aelimur shook his head, she did not seem in sorts, not content in life. Well, obviously. Aelimur corrected himself, But no, she still does not seem well. I cannot think of what it could be, though.

Aelimur guessed by the change in the scenery and sounds, that they were nearing where they would cross the Anduin.

“Ïve never been this far east before.” Maén announced, “Ive been plenty far West, my Aunt Diera Troyaeganeas (my mothers sister) she resided in Dol Amroth, I was about seven during the war (maybe I was six?) anyway, it was to escape the immediate danger of Minas Tirith. Aunt Diera lost her husband and her five sons, they were slaughtered by Guriel’s ambush. They weren’t Il Galoths but they were married into the clan. The Il Galoths were the most prominent though. All the same, you get the general idea. Its very important to me that we get this traitor. I care little or nothing for the legacy.” Maén snapped her head up, “Come, this shant take long” and this was said almost merrily. She lead the company down the the cool waters edge and to the jetty where the barge was settled.

“This is the right way isn’t it?” Maén asked over her shoulder to the company.

“It is, Lady Il Galoth.” Offered Idruil. Aelimur did not add anything to this, as he didn't see all that much point in it.

“We desire passage to the other side of the river if you would be so kind Sir.” Said Atharen trotting his horse over to the bargemaster.

“That's not a problem, hows many yous taking?” Asked the toothless bargemaster.

“Two ladies, and the six lads.” came Atharan's reply, Maén threw a bag of coins to him, “For our safe passage” he said, seeing the old man’s eyes widen.

“Yess sir! Right away sir!” Their company rode onto the barge. Aelimur dismounted Aaron once they all were on. Aelimur looked around him, studying their surroundings from the barge.

“that’ s another thing that will have to stop. We are reaching the east bank, My name could mean danger for us. Keep it under raps.” Aelimur overheard Maén say to Crystal. He walked over to the two.

"I shan't say a word about your name, but shouldn't you have another one that we may call you by? Otherwise how will we get your attention?" Crystal asked.

"Those were my thoughts, too. What other name should we use?" Aelimur added into their conversation.