View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 07:19 PM   #739
Nar
Wight

Nar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Eol: Hmm, you're making me think.
Quote:
What if the stakes are high because someone has to make to a certain place before a certain period of time elasped? No death would occur....
Yes, high stakes, that's the key... there is hope, and there is loss, and not always of life, think of the Scouring of the Shire.
LMP: Good point-- I would say setting in the past with stakes of life and death brings us close to our elemental nature and nature itself, but then what do we say about Star Wars?

Keep writing, Lila! Make the stakes even higher! I like fantasy where the fate of the LAND is at stake!

Re: This is only a test... My Lord, Saxony Tarn, that was beautiful! *Sigh* Did you intend me to see Bor' plucked from the falls, on a split screen with Tom Bombadil smooching Goldberry in the Zorro manner, or was that all me?

Thinhyandoiel, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] you wicked mind you: Eol posits a lovely, spiritually evolved society that reveres death as a progression onward, and you want to send in a Dark Lord to take death away from them? 'Fear me, worship me, or I shall not harm one hair on your heads! Hahahaha! You shall live, yes! You shall all LIVE!' [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Truly you are a diabolical mind!