View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #72
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
1420!

Okay, here is my character profile. Sorry for the long delay.

Name: Dwalin

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Dwalin is a bit shorter than an average dwarf. He's a bit over 1 foot high, nothing to really brag about. The dwarf wears a grey cloak and tunic. (He loves grey!) To go with that, he tends to wear a heavy and big dwarven armour. He always carries his light helmet on his proud, stout and BIG head. His arms are long, compared to his feet, and many are in fact amazed by them....

He has a short brown beard, which doesn't suit him at all. His eyes are brown, always on guard; his mouth can't be seen due to the horrible beard; his nose stretches its way down and is crooked and is not in proportion with the rest. The male dwarf has a tiny gash on his left cheek. He fell in the stairs made of stone one time, and has forever been mocked for it. Dwalin however, tends to lie when people ask him about where and when he got it. He tells them it was when he fought for his life when adventuring with Bali. (Everyone knows this isn't true though..)

Weapons: A heavy, double-bladed axe is Dwalin’s primary protection. He is excellent aim with a bow, and carries a crossbow across his shoulder. A quiver stuffed with short, deadly arrows and two hatchets are set in his belt.

Personality: Dwalin is a quiet dwarf, compared to his brother, Bali. He tries to avoid social life, or rather the common social life the Ereborian dwarves live. He would rather spend time working over the fire and anvil, pounding shape into a burning chunk of metal, then with other dwarves drinking. Dwalin is quite friendly, but not as friendly a Bali when it comes to foreigners. The dwarf cares a lot about the other dwarves and less about Middle-earth in general.

The dwarf is humble, generous, but the thought of treasures can make him seem greedy. He would never admit to it, but those who know him really well can read him like an open book. He thinks however, that he is a wonderful actor who can put up any face, anytime. This is not the case. Few actually tell him the truth. It might come to their advantage later.

Dwalin has always dreamed of travelling, but has still never ventured through dark forests, climbed mountains or found treasures. This is the main reason why he asked his brother to come along on this quest, to find Rhûn.

History: Dwalin was born in Erebor. Here he was also raised. Together with his older brother, Bali, he spent much of his childhood dreaming of distant lands. Dwalin, however, was never really ready for an adventure, that's why Bali went alone on his journeys. Dwalin has never regretted the fact that he didn't 'follow' his brother’s footsteps. Now however, he has finally straightened up and found the perfect adventure. To find Rhûn, the ancient Kingdom, is his one and only dream. He has asked Bali to accompany him, as he has no experience whatsoever from the quiet and anonymous life he has lived.

Hmm.. By the PM you sent me, I thought I didn't need to write a first post. By this thread, I get another impression. Do you want me to write a first post or not? (I've already started a post.. so.. ehm...?)

Yet again, sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
Nova

Last edited by Novnarwen; 04-05-2004 at 01:28 PM.