View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 02:01 PM   #13
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Boots Death comes upon swift wings.

Ah, such fine tails of.. um.. deadness!

As for me, my death was caused by my cursed glasses. As my sig will tell you, I am (or rather, was) one of the few nearsighted elves!

I was out on a walk in the forest one day with some friends when we heard a noise in the bushes to our right.

"Be on your guard," said my friend Pherdaciliel. I looked all around, but could see nothing.

Blaming this on my dirty lenses, I removed my glasses and wiped them with the hem of my cape. At this precise moment, an army of Elvis impersonators leaped out of the bushes, riding upon ferocious giant squirrels. Shooting deadly black rubber combs, they leapt over our heads and surrounded us. One of the squirrels hit the back of my head, sending my glasses to the ground.

Now everything was fuzzy. I let out a stream of unladylike words as I fumbled for my glasses, rubbing the back of my head. The Elvis impersonators, who were the sworn enimies of my clan for thier late-night parties, dug the heels of their blue suede shoes into the flanks of the squirrels and charged again. Sun glinted off of the jeweled white eagle suits, blinding me. My last vision of life was the deadly black comb spinning towards my face, and the sparkle of ivory squirrel talons reaching for my throat.

Eventually I found myself at the Downs, with "You Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dog" stuck in my head. Wierd...

Love me tender
MAEG~
Death is only the beginning!