View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 09:41 AM   #191
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

A long silence seemed to blacken their camp, as everyone realized that they must either continue on or head back, the parting would be bitter. She picked up the white wolf cub and held on to him gently,

I will have to say farewell to you also little one

Esgallhugwen looked over at the prisoner who still sat beside her, "what be your name then, it would be best to know it since you're one of the sixty or so that may be accompanying us on this mission". He looked up at her and smiled "my name is Kildirak, I'm a ranger".

She nodded "Kildirak, if it doesn't pain you will you walk with me to the two hobbits and Lira, it isn't far" she stood up and gave him her hand. They walked over casually and sat next to Lira, Eswen's smile at the two Hobbits was happy but filled with the sadness that only years of knowledge could bring to the elves.

"Mellon" she spoke softly to Lira "I know you will not go any farther and that you wish to turn back, I can see it in your eyes and the thought pains me to know that you will go, so I wish for you to take Nimromen with you back to Bree or the Shire if you plan on returning there, the path that lays ahead of me is too dangerous for him to go on; but do not be despair at our parting when the time comes which is not as far away as we should like, we will see one another again"

Esgallhugwen put her hand on Lira's shoulder and smiled at her despite her woe.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-30-2004 at 10:58 AM.