View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 11:34 AM   #553
Saxony Tarn
Wight

Saxony Tarn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saxony Tarn
Sting

hey LMP, Thinhyan', & others...

guess we've all had summer writers' block to some degree -- i'm happy to announce that i resumed work on "Trust Me" where it had been stalled -- i started Ch. 23 last night (as a way to put off some necessary housecleaning, but it demanded my attention, so i wrote...) Foreseeing some Oscar moments for The King Formerly Known as Aragorn in the next few pages. (And bring Minas Tirith a new shrubbery while you're at it!)

thanks again LMP for tending the bar while i've been preoccupied with taking that long break from my tale. Here's another thing to try -- accept writers' block and do something totally unrelated to give your brain a rest. (your head will thank you, and you'll get other stuff that had been postponed done)

Or in my case, do something quasi-related to the story but in a different creative vein. i once entered a character portrait in an art show, started to miss it during its absence from my wall, and re-created the character in soft-sculpture 3D. Now i have a picture and a 12" cuddly version of the character to squeeze, cuddle, and menace while throwing plot complications at him. Thought this might tone his rather abrasive nature down a bit when i resumed writing about him -- not. All it did was make him soft and cuddly (but still it was great fun when writing to be able to perceive the character from the "Puppet Master" perspective. Muahahaha...)

Recently did this again, to character in current project. Actually making two copies, 'cause i think i can sell one to a fellow fan, and i intend to replicate as much of costume as possible, right down to the chainmail. i expect hostile reactions from the Elves' and Hobbits' camps now that neither Legolas nor Frodo can lay claim to Cutest Member of the Fellowship any more...

s.t.
master of puppets, in some sense of the term. Perhaps i should send the 'Downs a picture of the finished product for "Fan Art"... Wire-cored fabric sculpture entitled, "Who, Me? Take the Ring? Nah, couldn't be me -- I'm too cute!"