View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 08:39 AM   #47
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots More Bomba, more often

This is a rather tardy reply to Nynnd1's comment:

Quote:
I have been looking for a copy of the Tom Bombadil book for ages but havent found one, and bombadil is my favourite character. is it worth tracking down or should i wait for a copy to find me.
Lyta has kindly given a source in The Tolkien Reader but "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil" can also be found in the volume of faery tales, Tales from the Perilous Realm, a Harper Collins paperback, ISBN 0 261 10343 1. I rather like the cover, with its reverse chiaroscuro of black background with white shaded figures from the tales (a bit like my avatar, if I might with modesty point that out). I am fond of reading the stories in this collection because it highlights Tolkien's very good, to my mind, lecture "On Fairy-Stories."

The selection on Tom is really a collection of verse rather than prose story, but they all belong to the realm of faery. For your information, a blurb on the back of the book from The Listener calls TAoTB "Something close to genius."