View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 10:03 PM   #326
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Quote:
Nuranar, I am not sure how you want Calnan to act towards Meri. Do you want him to be open about what happened, or do you want him to just sort of ignore her? How mad is he? From your post I gathered that he wasn't fuming about it but that he definitely was feeling no more than just 'frosty' towards her? I sort of took it as far as I dared with my last post.... anything you want to specify? or should we just take it and go with it?
Maika, are you referring to my last post on the discussion thread? In that, I was just preemptively trying to set up the battle wherein Meri is in a spot and Calnan helps her out. I think I may have jumped the gun a bit; sorry for the confusion.

Now, if you're just asking because of my last post on the RPG thread: You've pretty well summed up how he's feeling. He resents her behavior and is a little angry, but tries not to be so. He's showing his displeasure as clearly as he can without being rude or insubordinant: Very, Almost overly respectful, completely expressionless, showing no opinion when having to speak to her. I'm seeing not ignoring her, but...just looking at her, when he passes by. The look very subtly saying, "I know what you've done, and you know you shouldn't have." Like the subtlest form of finger-pointing. She looks up, and his eyes are on her, for a full second, then he looks away. Just not letting her forget. A form of revenge, in a way.

How's that? Confusing enough? Let me know and I'll try to convey it better, maybe in a PM so I don't weary everyone on the thread.

Carry on,
Nuranar