View Single Post
Old 06-26-2002, 11:29 AM   #332
Saxony Tarn
Wight

Saxony Tarn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saxony Tarn
Sting

hmm... while i was cutting that part out of my last post, you were asking this question -- Lila, i'd like to ask you if you'd be interested in test-reading my fanfic, as i've done just that with a few abandoned characters great and small, with flagrant disregard for their original fates (then again, "What-If"s do that) -- i'm interested in your opinion of how i've managed to capture, say, Pippin and your aforementioned Beregond (thus i heartily encourage you to write something about him and am looking forward to reading it)

i'd have send that to you in a Private Message but i don't see the icon come up when you post something -- so i'll have to say it where everyone else can read!

With regards to your question, there is a series that i adore and would love to take it up where the original author left it off, at a point, say, 10 years in the future, where the hero's children are ready to have their own adventures. How do i know if this would alter his plans for his series? i don't. But he did leave that open-ended, and i've got the opening of a tale somewhere at home on a diskette... (LMP -- if that's not suitable FWW material, then i'll keep digging -- but that IS a project where i would strive for eventual publication!)

|_|) <-- raise a glass!

s.t.