Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #74
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Melody feared that this was the end… As the dog was about to bite Melody with its vicious teeth Ivy stabbed the wild dog in its back and the dog fell. Melody screamed “ouch” for the heavy dog fell on top of her. Ivy tried very hard to push the dog off and after quite a bit of pulling and pushing she got the dog off Melody. Melody got up with tears in her eyes, “Thank you Ivy, thank you so much!” Ivy smiled.

They both looked around the site and no more dogs could be seen. Melody looked at Meri but she couldn’t cry, no one could. They knew it would happen; someone or many would die in the journey. Melody sighed and they all walked on not talking. The injured did not complain… no one did it was complete, utter silence! They found a camping ground a few miles on and they set out there. Melody tended to a few wounds and handed everyone the last muffins she had.

The next morning Melody woke up before anyone ells did. Melody looked at her surroundings; the snow was thick and blinding white. The trees stood high but were leafless and bleak. There was a howl of some sort in the far distance, it woke everyone up. Everyone looked miserable and Melody knew why, the passing of Meri and hunger. Food is all Melody could think of. It gnawed at her, the hunger overtook her, overtook everyone which made then irritable and snappy.
“Let’s pack up and carry on with the journey,” Tom ordered. And everyone did so. They started to walk while the injured ones sat in the wagon. All the injured ones but Tom, he refused to and told everyone he was fine. Melody walked next to Tom. They chatted about a few things. Everything between them was normal again, no odd feelings of the other night, Melody was pleased with this.

Melody and Tom walked ahead of everyone ells, Tom wanted to make sure no more danger was near and Melody wanted to keep Tom company.
“Um” Tom paused, “You know about the… you know… the um… other night?” Melody nodded. “What um, why… you… it…” Tom couldn’t find the right words, “Why did you do it?” Melody kept on walking not answering Tom. Why did I do it? I love him of course. Wait, do I? I am sure, no I don’t! Or… Melody battled with herself.

Tom and everyone kept walking not saying much as a group. All of a sudden Melody heard a big noise. She jumped and turned around to see what had happened. The wagon was slightly tilted and not even on the ground. Melody looked at it strangely.
“A hole!” Hob exclaimed.
Tom hissed, “A hole?” He examined the hole. “It’s a rather deep hole…!”
“Don’t tell me it’s stuck!” Melody said.
“Melody just… just… we can get it out. It’s no big deal!” Tom snapped.
They all pushed and tried to pick the wagon up but it was indeed too heavy