View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #27
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sarah turned as she realized that the look Grandpa Chubb gave her was intentional. He's mad at me too? At least Harold isn't like his father. The wind blew in her face pulling down strands of her red hair. Every now and then a strand would fly into her mouth. Sarah was relieved when a break was called. It would give her more time to talk to Harold, who seemed preoccupied.

Sarah fed the chickens some food and went on feeding herself. She had felt as if she hadn' eaten all day. She knew she was in a hurry this morning but to forget to eat was something she wouldn't do. Never in her life had she missed breakfast. The children had something to eat this morning at least. Sarah began looking for her family. Sarah didn't worry about the old hobbit, he could fend for himself. What would Harold say if he knew about my dislike for his father. Grandpa's feelings are mutual. It will be fine, if he doesn't like my judgement then oh well.

Sarah remembered that she was the only one who wanted to go. Everyone else was against her. Majority wins, but in this case it didn't. For some reason Sarah began to feel as if she had done a bad thing for deciding that she wanted to leave home. "Get your wits about you Sarah. The White Downs seems so much better." Sarah knew she was arguing with herself and was bound to loose which ever way you looked at it.

Sarah climbed back onto the cart and sat beside the chickens again. She knew everything would turn out good but she wasn't sure what trouble they would have reaching there new home. "It will be fine my little chickens, hopefully everything will change by the time our journey is complete. We would hate to arrive and still have everyone mad at me." Sarah paused for some reason. "What should you know after all your just two chickens." Sarah began to giggle, which eventually turned into a laugh. "We shall be each others company on this journey."

She heard from somewhere behind her voices. "We better not let anyone hear us," she said in a whisper. Sarah had a smile on her face that didn't want to go away. It seemed to stretch from ear to ear. Sarah wouldn't raise her voice any so that only the chickens could hear her. "Lets not tell anyone about our conversation. They would think me mad." Sarah began to giggle again but kept it in a whisper.