View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 01:14 PM   #12
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

"Of course we'll see each other again Iris. When we've all settled in this new land, lotsa more Hobbits'll wanna come. Hopefully your Mam will 'ave 'ad 'er baby, an' then your whole family can come and live in this new place west of the river," Crispin wiped a tear from a black-haired girl's face, lifting her chin. She was his self-acclaimed girlfriend, against Crispin's will; he was, however, upset that her family was staying behind in Bree.

Iris sniffed and nodded a bit. "Okay Crispin. But ya gotta promise me that you'll be waitin' for me," The boy dipped his head. "No Crispin. Tell me you promise that you'll be waitin' for me when my family comes to the new land. Promise."

Crispin Whitfoot pushed the same unruly lock of hair from his gray eyes and kissed Iris on the cheek. "I promise we'll be there when your family comes. Now, I have to go. Iris, I'll see you again soon. Goodbye," The last word was very drawn out as he approached his family cart.

Jumping in the back, he flung his rucksack from his back and plopped it into the hay next to him. He sat on the edge of the cart, his bare feet dangling over the side. "Alora, sit down," He noticed his seven-year-old sister standing in the ankle-deep straw, a ragged doll dangling over the side; it was 'waving' to all of Alora's young friends.

A middle-aged man was standing in front of the cart, feeding the family pony. A middle-aged woman was standing next to him, embracing a few friends for what may have been the last time. He was excited about this journey, more excited than anyone; he was, however, a little frightened about all of the dangers the town bullies had told him about. "There are wargs, evil Big Folk bandits, ghosts, an' all kinds o' other things!" They had told him earlier that day as he was gathering apples from his apple tree.

He heard the creaking of the wagon seat, indicating his mother and father had sat down. His sister sat as well, leaning her elbows on the back of the driver's seat. "Here we go," Crispin muttered under his breath excitedly.

The wheels started turning, making loud rumbling noises as they moved over the rocks and dirt of the road. He scooted back a bit, raising his legs into the wagon. Iris stood with the rest of the Hobbits that were staying, tears of hope and fear staining her beautiful pale face. He raised his hand in farewell, squeezing his eyes together to hold back very unmanly tears. The cart slowly clinked through the gate, Iris vanishing into the dusty distance.

Last edited by ArwenBaggins; 03-07-2004 at 11:21 AM.