View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 12:27 AM   #88
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Regin Hardhammer

Regin took a step backwards to look at the newly completed Inn. Admiring the fine handiwork, Regin felt his chest swell with pride. Everyone had done a splendid job. The work had been completed nearly a week ahead of schedule, thanks to the persistence of the crew and his own hard headed determination. What a proud day it was for the folk of the Green Dragon!

Regin had put the finishing touches on the Inn gate not a day before. A roaring dragon etched in iron now greeted all who made their way up the road. Regin had done the metalwork himself, being the only person there with such intricate skill in metal. The Dragon spread its wings and clenched its massive talons around an oak trunk. For a comedic touch, Regin had spread a broad and leering smile across the face of the beast. Below the roaring dragon, embossed letters proclaimed, “Welcome to the Green Dragon Inn.” Surely any weary traveler would not pass up an Inn with a gate as grand as this, thought Regin. Pleased with his work, the Dwarf now turned to more pressing business.

Regin slipped away to his new chamber in the Inn where he had hidden his surprise. He would need to plan when he would present this. He searched for Aman to talk with her about planning the upcoming party, but could not find her anywhere. He had just about given up looking, when he spied her perched on the sill of the attic window and later on the roof itself.

He called up apprehensively, “Mistress Aman ,what in the world are you doing up there? You'd best get down before you fall.”
In the past, Regin had saved a pair of hobbits from certain injury when a rickety rope broke as they were climbing up, so he had a healthy skepticism of places that were too far above his head.

Scrambling up the steps to the attic, he poked his head out the casement and caught the Innkeeper's eye, “I have come to ask you about the rebuilding party. During the celebration, would it be possible for me to briefly address the workers. I wish to offer them my gratitude, and perhaps a special boon I have prepared. What do you say?”

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 03-05-2004 at 12:31 AM.