View Single Post
Old 06-07-2002, 07:19 PM   #40
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Quote:
I beleive it to be real after all history became legend, legend became myth and things that should not have been forgotten were.
I very much believe this too. But I wasn't thinking of Paralell Universes, PM me your speech Gorothlammothiel! I'd love to read it!) I was thinking that it happened in the past. After all, Tolkien said in the Foreword of LotR that hobbits are not seen by people now even though they do exist because they are

Quote:
Even in ancient days they were, as a rule, shy of the 'big Folk', as they called us, and now they avoid us with dismay and are becoming hard to find
This proves that even if there were hobbits, we would not notice them. This could well mean that there are still Elves around, or people with Elven blood in them. Not to mention people with Numenorean blood and so on. Tolkien may have, perhaps, mysteriously found remnants of Numenor, Gondor, Rohan, and other dwellings, though this does not seem likely.

And one could think, if Europe is believed to be where ME once was, and away Westward was Valinor, then North America itself could possibly be Valinor! It opens up a most interesting field of speculation. There may be people with high Elven blood in their veins! And what of Numinor? Numinor could have been crumpled by time and the Sea. And what about the other continents? Well, Unfinished Tales did make several points on lands beyond Mordor, thus Asia! And many people believe England to be where the Shire is. If that is the case, then land has indeed changed. But since continents shift, then perhaps England was once attached someplace else, thus finding Bree, Rivendell, Lothlorien, Moria, and all else! Mirkwood and the Lonely Mountain could be somewhere in Russia!

Okay, over-imginative mind here. But PM me if you want some of my ideas about this!