View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 06:12 PM   #34
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

I think Middle Earth does exist, in our minds. If you believe in ME then to you, yes it is real. Tolkien always spoke as if ME was indeed real, because it came from his head and he created what ME is, to him, it is real. Our minds are what tell us if things are real, so as long as you believe in ME, it is real. As far as physically, as in a paralell universes, i'm not sure. A theroy that I have, (even though its not one that I deeply believe in, just a thought) is that such fantasy places do, or have exsisted and those who are lucky enough can open there minds and find such places again.
Quote:
On a blank leaf I scrawled:'In a hole in a ground there lived a hobbit.' I did not and do not know why. -J.R.R. Tolkien
"History became legend, Legend became myth. And some things that should not have been forgotten where lost." Maybe certain people are ment to think things up again, to keep the story alive. Just maybe, ME exsisted once and Tolkien is like our storyteller, the one who knows the truth and tells it. Like for example people that can talk to the dead and tell loved ones they're thoughts.(Wither you believe it or not its just a example.)But I do truly believe, if you believe, then it is real.

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote