View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 02:37 PM   #13
lathspell
Regenerating Ringkeeper

lathspell has just left Hobbiton.
[QUOTE] and the Balrog would presumably not do such since he and Sauron were both on the same team. [QUOTE]

Let us not forget that the Balrog and Sauron both were servants of Melkor. There is no point whatsoever to believe that they are now allies or something. They fell under the dominion of Melkor because he was more powerful, being a Vala and them being Maiar. The difference in power between Melkor and Sauron (or the Balrog) was way bigger then the difference of power between Sauron and the Balrog. Gandalf says, when in Moria, that he has met his equal in the Balrog. And Gandalf is only little less than Sauron.
The fact they both served under Melkor and both were high in his esteem seems to make them pretty equal. Now that Melkor is in the Void, I don't believe any Balrog would be in league with Sauron or be helping him altogether.

Yes, the Three were hidden because of the bearers, yet that does not mean that when in other hands (and therefore no longer hidden) Sauron will know where that Ring is. Did not Gollum live under the Misty Mountains with the One Ring there. He lived there very long, and Sauron did not have a clue where the One Ring was. Same will be so with Narya! Only because of orc-talk will he gain knowledge of this Ring of Power.

greetings,
lathspell
'Yes, I, Gandalf the Grey,' said the wizard solemnly. 'There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.'
lathspell is offline   Reply With Quote