Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 02:23 PM   #216
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Pippin and Merry sat up. Their guards, Isengarders, had gone with Tigger. But if the hobbits had any thought of escape, it was soon dashed. A enormous hairy head took each of them by the tongue and drew them close together. Dimly they were aware of the boogeyman's great nose and hideous belly between them; his foul breath was on their ears. He began to paw them and feel them. Pippin shuddered as a hard cold head groped down his nose.
'Well, my little ones!' said the boogeyman in a soft whisper. 'Enjoying your nice rest? Or not? A little awkwardly placed, perhaps: baseball bats and teddy bears on one side, and squishy octopi on the other! Really really tiny people should not meddle in affairs that are too really really tiny for them.' His head continued to grope. There was a light like a pale but hot fire behind his tongue.
The thought came suddenly into Pippin's mind, as if caught direct from the urgent thought of his enemy: 'The boogeyman knows about THE RUBBER DUCKY! He's looking for it, while Tigger is busy: he probably wants it for himself.' Cold fear was in Pippin's heart, yet at the same time he was wondering what use he could make of the boogeyman's desire.
'I don't think you will find it that way,' he whispered. 'It isn't easy to find.'
'Find it?' said the boogeyman: his head stopped crawling and gripped Pippin's butt. 'Find what? What are you talking about, little one?'. For a moment Pippin was silent. Then suddenly in the darkness he made a noise in his throat: blub blub, blub blub. 'Nothing, my precious,' he added.