View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 07:17 AM   #27
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
And there is also this part about Maedhros' rescue by Finrod. I am too lazy by far to post the whole paragraph like MAedhros did, but after that paragraph I was a Maedhros-worshipper for ever. I tried to take Maedhros for my ID, but unfortunately that was already taken.

Quote:
Yet Morgoth had as little thought of faith as had they.
Wonderful! Maedhros tries to betray Morgoth and gets betrayed by their attempt of betrayal and MAedhros is taken prisoner.

Quote:
But they were constrained by their oath, and they knew that whatsoever they might do Morgoth will not release Maedhros.
What a dilemma.

Quote:
So Morgoth took him and hung him on a precipice of Thangoridrim by his rigth wrist enclosed in a band of steel
Poor Maedhros...

Quote:
Even though he did not know that Maedhros had not forgotten him in the burning of the ships
This quote shows that Maedhros was not evil, but actually loyal, wise and a powerful elf.

Quote:
And a faint answering voice called to him. It was Maedhros that sang amid his torment.
My FAVORITE quote out of countless other quotes in Tokien's works

Quote:
O King to whom the birds are most dear, speed now this feathered shaft and recall some pity for the Nolder in their need!
Desperate heart-wrenching cry. I always thought this part the most sorrowful part of all.

Quote:
But he could not release the hell-wrought bond nor remove the rock from the cliff, and Maedhros again begged him to slay him in his pain