View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 07:26 PM   #17
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

It might sound weird, but I make it a point never to watch the "Behind-the-movie" features where you find out stuff like how the illusions were done (I mean, I know there were illusions, but seeing them spelled out makes it hard for me to watch the scene again without thinking "Frodo's really standing on a soundstage yelling at a painted basketball"). Same goes for finding out who does cameos. I have no idea what Alan Lee et al look like and so, happily, all those guards and so forth don't bother me at all; they could be anyone .<P>PJ's daughter is the only one I've noticed on my own; his son blends into the background a good bit, but it's hard to miss that enormous brown pair of headlights. It bothered me a little bit, but not too much, mostly because she doesn't actually do much, and conceivably there is more than one big-eyed small girl running around in Middle Earth. If she had to talk, making it unavoidably obvious that it was the same person, I'd mind a good bit more.