View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 07:52 PM   #15
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

It is hard for me to say what the most powerful, poignant moment was for me - there were so many and since I have only seen RoTK once - yes I said once I will have to search my memory for the moments that most touched and/or effected me:<P><LI>Frodo telling Sam to go home - wow my heart broke when Sam started to cry<LI>Minas Morgul as this part chilled me to the bone<LI>The Battle of the Pelennor Field<LI>Hearing Aragorn saying "For Frodo..." before they charged Sauron's forces at the Black Gate<LI>Mt. Doom - Especially when I thought Frodo may fall into the fire<LI>Seeing Sam holding Frodo after the Ring was destroyed and hearing Frodo say "I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam Gamgee."<LI>Seeing the Fellowship together again<LI>Hearing Aragorn say to the Hobbits "You bow to no one." and then seeing all the great peoples, including the new King of Gondor bow to them!<LI>Seeing a part of Sam and Rosie's wedding<LI>The Grey Havens - especially when Frodo kissed Sam's forehead<LI>Hearing Sam at the end say "Well, I'm back..."[/LIST]<P>I am sure there will be more moments I add later on after I have seen RoTK again!<p>[ 8:53 PM December 19, 2003: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]