View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 01:30 AM   #35
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Perfect, just perfect.<BR>Sean Astin just went to such emotional places that are extremely difficult for actors to reach. Not a single tear shed seemed forced... he was so true to the character and the moment that it just breaks your heart to watch him suffer, and it makes you cheer when he steps up to save the day.<BR>I am so grateful for the casting in the role of Samwise... I can't imagine anyone else taking it to such an honest place.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ITA - I saw RoTK again tonight and <B>blast</B> if I did not cry again at all those parts where I cried before! I cannot say this enough - Sean <B>really really REALLY</B> touched me with his performance in RoTK! <P>As so many on this thread have said already Sean <B>IS</B> Samwise Gamgee as none of the things Sam said or did felt forced and with his performance in this movie you <I>live</I>and <I>feel</I> everything Sam does!<P>No, PJ could not have found anyone better to play Sam because truly while watching this movie I <I>knew</I> I was watching the Samwise Gamgee I have read about and have loved from the books!<P>Bravo to Sean!<p>[ 2:32 AM December 22, 2003: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]