View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 08:15 PM   #11
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Location: Somewhere between the back of the chair and the monitor
Sleeping Beauty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Tolkien

I don't think they should stray too far from some of the casting for the Hobbit if they want to keep the movie looking similar to the Lord of the Rings series. I would be satisfied if Ian Holm did play Bilbo, but I think maybe they should probably look younger. Heh, it would be funny if Elijah played Bilbo, kind of irony since Ian Holm played Frodo in the BBC Radio series. Ian Mckellan should play Gandalf, there's no doubt in that one, and it would be amusing for John-Rhys Davies to play Gloin. Poor guy can't get away from playing a dwarf. <P>Andy Serkis just for laughs should play one of the elves in the trees singing when the group arrives in Rivendell. I could see him doing that with all the god-given energy's he got. For Smaug, I think Sean Connery would make an excellent voice. I can't wait to see a digital Smaug on top of a large mound of treasure. Hm...I wonder if they'd give away that prop...I would like to lay on a bed of treasure.... It would be cute for Legolas to make a cameo. I mean, they end up right in Mirkwood, why not? Maybe as the sleeping elf who has the keys. Who would be the dale, I wonder. Does Viggo have a younger brother?