View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 09:07 PM   #13
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought the EE version was great! To me it really put a bit more light-hearted-ness back into the film (I know it is a bit of a grim story but still). <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The only thing I didn't really like was that Treebeard was citing Bombadil. I don't think that he should be brought into the story this way. If it was decided that he was left out, it should remain this way. (was that understandable english?) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Me too. It was a great sequence, a good scene but... I just don't think it should have come from Treebeard (and yes that was understandable English )<P>I really enjoyed the elven rope (it really lighted up Frodo's character from his original portrayal in the theater version), the stew scene (he,he very well done - loved it! Especially when Eowyn if finding out how old Aragorn is - priceless!), the added scenes with Merry and Pippin (great! loved them! Especially the last one, that was awesome!) and lastly the tallying of the scores. That was done extremely well.<P>I also liked the new scenes they had with Faramir. They really made his character more appealing and less um, well, bad i guess you could say (what would be the right word?) The sewer exchange (that sounds wrong but you know what i mean) between Gollum and Sam - loved it! Very touching! <P>Overall I would say the EE version was a great success, granted I still don't like it as much as EE FOTR but, hey, that's my opinion.

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote