View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 11:25 AM   #13
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

HC, once again you point out my basic mistakes. Thanks! Of course, it didn't really happen in the books, I don't know what I was thinking.<P>However, in a vain attempt to try and save this thread, how about this for an idea. The Witch King could have been built up from the start, incorporating the prophecy of Glorfindel into the films. Aragorn could have told the Hobbits about the prophecy in Bree, and then met up with Glorfindel a few days later. <P>As the films are, its quite possible that the prophecy of Glorfindel (that the Witch King will not be slain by Man) won't make it into the film. There's a slight chance it could make it, under the guise of 'The Prophecy of Elrond' or *gasp* 'The Prophecy of Arwen'. After all, the prophecy clearly enhances the death of the Witch King.<P>Now, I think that Glorfindel should have been in the film regardless. His prophecy is maybe one of the little fruits his appearance could have born later on in the trilogy.