View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #25
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Two Towers was even better than The Fellowship of the Ring. You'd think that a sequel wouldn't have the same attraction as the first, but TTT pulled me into the struggles of the characters just as much if not even more than FOTR. <BR>And if you're going to discuss the appeal of The Matrix versus The Lord of the Rings, in my opinion there's no debate. Frankly, I think that although the Academy is subject to bribery and they rarely pick the winners completely objectively (who needs to be honoured over who really achieved the best result this year), the Best Picture nominations should speak for themselves, not to mention the other nominations. <BR>Look at the Matrix cast: it's decent, but not too diverse. I thought that LOTR's cast was much more diverse and interesting. If we're talking about butt-kicking value, LOTR is the best. Neo never really struggles. Keannu never displays extreme emotion when frightened. He's just shallow. I don't see him tested to the limit as his character.<BR>The ending of Matrix 1 is incredibly dumb. The slow-motion arm-smacking and the agent exploding and then Neo soaring into the air. What the heck. <BR>I actually get some emotion stirred in me with LOTR, but not in the Matrix. The Matrix is a fad type thing. It has no history. LOTR has a huge following with history and diversity.<BR>Wow, that rant totally slammed the Matrix and was probably pretty stupid in places. Sorry about that, but it was fun. Hahaha!
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Grimbold is offline   Reply With Quote