View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 06:08 PM   #8
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I personally doubt I will go and see either of the Matrix films, but that is just because they are not my kind of movies. I have an interest in them just because they are going to be large, but I just don't like the story as much. I one time watched the first film on cable, partly, but I stopped watching it because it was very futuristic, dark, and kind of scary. Maybe I am just not educated about the story, but it kind of made me fear the future. <BR>Additionally ROTK will probably do better in the box office race just because it is PG-13 and The Matrix films are R rated (even though that doesn't really matter). But that means that more parents will probably be more willing to take their kids to ROTK rather than the Matrix, thus more people will go. Additionally I think ROTK will be more of an event, and I would still put my money on ROTK for best picture rather than the Matrix just because I think it has a better chance.<BR>I personally think I just over-analyzed these two films