View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 05:46 PM   #35
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Earendil, please do not use the term "feminazi". I find it extremely offensive.<P>Please take a quick test:<P>True or False: I believe that if a woman does the same work as a man she should be paid the same salary. (I am NOT referring to women who want to be Navy SEALs or firefighters, just regular white-collar workers.) <P>If you answered "true," you are a feminist!<P>Lalaith, I think the elves at Helm's Deep raised as much of a furor as Arwen's presence, and the change in Faramir's character raised even more of one, so I don't think the fans are fixated on Arwen per se. They're more apt to be against anything that went against the spirit of the book, no matter who it concerned.<P>I'm a feminist, and I opposed Arwen being at Helm's Deep simply because she didn't belong there. My feelings about Arwen's role have nothing to do with my felings about the role of women in society. It's inflammatory to throw politics into the mix.<P>-Lily<p>[ 6:49 PM January 27, 2004: Message edited by: Lily Bracegirdle ]