View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 07:50 PM   #14
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Putting yourself into the movie in minor bits as Peter Jackson has done is amusing, but toying with the material by inserting characters randomly into scenes where they so obviously should not be seems to be bordering on the disrespectful.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well it's obviously not random nor a cameo. They wanted Arwen to have a role in each of the three films and I think their reasons for wanting that are sound. I'm glad they found a better way to do it. I thought the flashbacks in Towers worked very well, though I can't say the same for linking Arwen's fate to that of the Ring. I wonder if that was some way of paying homage to the fact that the elves power fades with the destruction of the Ring. If it was it didn't work.<P>And if Arwen was changed to Legolas coming down the ramp during Theoden's charge, then there is clearly to Legolases there.<P>H.C.