Thread: Special Edition
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 11:08 PM   #41
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Another great thing about the Extended Edition is that the first glimpse we get of Sam is of him in his garden, looking lovingly at some flowers he's working on. In the reg. ed. the first time we saw him he was drinking ale at the b-day party, and fearful of dancing with Rose.<P>So in this edition his "introduction" is as "Sam the Gardener" instead of "Sam the Girl-Shy Ale-Swigger."<P>I mean, I liked that scene from the b-day party...it was very cute...but this is just another example of how the Extended Edition makes a good movie better.<P>I also liked the scene in the Green Dragon where she smiles at him...and afterwards when he mutters something about one of the other hobbits sweet talking her, and Frodo replies with, "Don't worry Sam, Rosie knows and idiot when she sees one." ... "She does?"<P>I just like Sam and Rosie's relationship, it's so sweet, and it's nice to see more of it in the Extended Edition. Bliss... What would really make me fall over would be to hear the name "Diamond" mentioned offhand or something. And give me the moon while you're at it. <P>So far I've only watched the Tolkien biography on the "Appendices" (great idea for what to call the special features!)