View Single Post
Old 09-01-2002, 12:59 PM   #5
Ravenna
Haunting Spirit

Ravenna has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Unless a big issue is made of the fact that the Nazgul king cannot be killed by a man, then the significance of both Merry's sword, and the fact that it was a woman and a Hobbit who actually killed him is greatly reduced for the watcher who has not read the books, in which case, to the layman watching the film, it would only seem that they did an extremely brave thing, rather than fulfilling an ancient prophecy. And therefore the significance of the origi8n of Merry's sword will not really matter all that much.<P>I know this is an important fact in the books, and to us avid fans, but considering what PJ has already left out I think it entirely possible that the real importance of the event may well be left out, and it will, (if he actually puts it in!), be left as a passing scene, heroic but not of vital importance to the progression of the film.<P>Personally, I think it will add a great deal to the final film if this very important event is properly done, but somehow I think it will very likely be skimmed or missed altogether.<p>[ September 01, 2002: Message edited by: Ravenna ]
Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote