View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 12:33 AM   #16
Grimkû the Blood-Axe
Animated Skeleton

Grimkû the Blood-Axe has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I didn't mind it, as good a scene to open the movie with as any in my opinion. But it could have been made a little shorter, the strangling did seem to go on for a long time. I don't mind the gore or anything, but it could have been a little shorter and snappier.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Unfortunately in the days of the Smeagol the 'hobbit' there were no guns. Strangling does take time. Just try it.<P>I love the start, but it makes me hate Smeagol even though after TTT I thought he was cool. I think this is caused out of sympathy for poor old Deagol. From the very first shot of Smeagols face I thought, he looks evil. I soon realised it was Gollum and was just waiting for him to get into Deagol. <P>The whole development from Smeagol to Gollum is great. He sure does look physically shocking and not to mention the obvious but mentally consumed by the ring.<P>One thing that I cant get is how come he didnt quickly age or even die after the ring is taken away from him like Bilbo did. He is only about a 500 year old Hobbit like creature... surely it wouldnt take that long.