View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

The scene, in my opinion, was nessesary for people who hadn't read the book to understand exactly were gollum came from and how he got to be just how he is. All that talk from Frodo about "One of the River folk," and "not very different from a hobbit once." was a good start, then it was elaborated. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Hellooo, Louie Armstrong! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Heheh.<P>When I started reading your opening post Quirkette, I didn't think of the opening with smeagol, I actually thought about when Gollum was arguing with himself about how to kill the hobbits early in the movie. How many other people love when gollum talks to his "other self"? I don't know what it is but I love the idea of another self. Not nessesarily from scizophrenia(wouldn't anybody develope that if they lived alone in a cave for 500 years), but having another mind and essential another existance inside your own head, sharing thoughts and feelings. It facinates me. <P>Last note, Andy Serkis is so great, I'd love to meet him just to brain-pick a little. He seems like such an interesting person.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote