View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 12:10 AM   #30
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

I do believe I've created a new cuss word. [ITCH], coming to a euphemism near you!<P> <P>I understood what Squatter was saying about the polarising, and what makes it rather unfortunate in my mind is, as Willie and other have mentioned after that, quite a few of us are not on an extreme end of things. However, it seems that when we get into the more passionate debates, we do "lose our wits" as Lush said, and perhaps forget about the other side of our own opinions. In other words, it might help us cool a bit if when we heat up, we stop to evaluate the other side of the particular debate in our mind.<P>If someone says something derogatory about the movie (or I shoud say, when ) and you start to burn because you liked the movie, stop to think about what parts you didn't like, and how it made you feel. So then perhaps you won't jump down their throat, because you know how some other movie changes pushed your buttons, too. And then you'll better understand where they're coming from.<P>And if someone defends the movie in a way that horrifies you or annoys you... Um... Think happy thoughts. Yes, like Squatter said, take a hiatus in Middle-earth Mayhem or something else that makes you laugh.<P><A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=21&t=000010" TARGET=_blank>Insert Shameless "Revenge of the Entish Bow" Promotion Here.</A><P>And above all, as has been said, don't get personal. This little Downer has done it before and it accomplishes <I>nothing</I>.