View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 03:41 PM   #10
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> ok, i know that dark haired elves come from rivendell and blonde elves come from lorien. where do red haired elves come from? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Wrong.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Most non-Vanyarin Elves were dark haired. The Elves of Lothlorien were in the majority Sindarin and Nandorian Elves with some Noldor thrown in, and Rivendell is problably mainly Nolodorin. Either way, most Elves there would have been dark haired, and the same goes for Lothlorien. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Wrong.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> i dont think there are any readheaded elves, but i could be wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Wrong.<P>Elven hair colour was not so totally dependent upon kindred. The Vanyar were mainly blonde; much of the Noldor were dark-haired. These are not absolute by any means. The only Noldor we're told much of (and given their hair colour) is the royal house - one family does not dictate the entire hair colour of a kindred, even if it is the royal house. You have to remember - all elves came from the original 144 that awoke. They didn't separate by hair colour, name their kindreds, and mate. That would silly.<P>Nowhere does it say Rivendell was "mainly Noldor." 'Nandorian' is not a word, either.