View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 11:55 AM   #14
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Welcome! <BR>Yes, I forgot about Legolas and the Sea. It might be a little bit difficult to put on screen without making it corny, though. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I personally don't cry in movies, just almost cry but am too overwhelmed to put any effort into it, but I am really emotionally affected.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I didn't mean litereally break out crying then and there. I mean more like late at night when I'm remembering it. It would be a little strange to just cry right then in front of everyone and have people looking back at you and telling you to be quiet...I rarely actually cry during a movie, but I think the death of Haldir might have had me shed a few tears one of the times I saw it, but definitely nothing else in LotR. What I do mean is that I hope that some of the pieces in the movie should make you be immensely sad, and I think I might actually cry at the Grey Havens and Pippin's "death" and possibly the parting of Arwen and Elrond and the Denethor-Faramir scenes. And possibly Frodo pining away for the Ring in the Shire. I don't think I actually will at more than one or two of these, (and very quietly), but I'm just naming the possibilities.