View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 06:21 PM   #1
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe How many times should we cry (or want to) in RotK?

I'll just say right away: I don't know whether this topic should be here or in Novices and Newcomers...<P>Ok, now that's done, here's my question: How many really sad parts do you think there should be in RotK? Because we don't want it to be over sentimental, but we don't want to have it be all battles and, right afterwards, happy endings.<P>I, personally, think that these should be the sad parts: <UL TYPE=SQUARE> When Frodo "dies", and when Sam realizes that he's not really dead. If that wasn't sad, wouldn't it sort of defeat the purpose of the whole big friendship-between-Frodo-and-Sam thing that PJ has worked so hard to make everyone see?<BR>When Sam finds Frodo in the tower and Frodo's all weak and there are dead orcs everywhere.<BR><B>Definitely</B> whe Pippin "dies". They can't cut out that part, they can't! It is really sad and, though not real important to the plot, it adds something else to the feeling of it, which I thought was really important. I distinctly remember crying for a long time at that part of the book.<BR>When the Ring is destroyed and Gollum jumps into the Cracks and Frodo and Sam despair and fall down as the eagles are coming<BR>The Most Importan One: At the Grey Havens. I want to go home <I>sobbing</I> after that and not be able to fall asleep at night for a long time (which, considering I get insomnia problem stuff a lot, shouldn't be hard, but you know what I mean .)</UL><P>I probably missed some, so please add in and tell me what you think.<P>[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]<p>[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]