View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 09:03 PM   #23
Eothain Elfwine
Animated Skeleton

Eothain Elfwine has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Only one person, Knight of Gondor, I think, has mentioned Eomer after he thinks Eowyn is dead. I would fight with him, especially as he laughs at despair and shouts his great cry: <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising<BR>I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing. <BR>To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:<BR>Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Then Tolkien says of him: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> he was still unscathed, and he was young, and he was king: the lord of a fell people. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>My original thought was Aragorn, for he was a man noble, virtuous, pure, courageous, and everything that would inspire obedience and devotion, but I realized that Eomer got to fight beside him just moments later, and to be with the two of them together in battle (though I don't think I'd have the courage to face battle in reality) would theoretically be the best experience.