View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 10:17 AM   #4
Naaramare
Wight

Naaramare has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Naaramare
Sting

17, Breaking of the Fellowship. Beyond all doubt, and there is a reason why.<P>It is as close as I've ever found in music to my idea of the Third Theme of Illuvatar. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The one was deep and wide and beautiful, but slow and blended with an immeasurable sorrow, from which it's beauty chiefly came.<BR>Aindulindale, pg 17 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There isn't a time in that piece of music when I don't want to cry. I've ruthlessly borrowed it for mood music for my own stories, because it does bring me that reaction. It's a glorious piece of music.<P>[ edit ] Oh, and my only problem with "In Dreams" is the boy soprano's bad diction! ^^ Being a classically trained soprano myself, I pick out all the times he <I>should</I> have enunciated a d, or a c, more clearly and didn't! Other than that, I love the piece. I want to find the music for it, as it would make a lovely solo . . . [/ edit ]<P>On another note, seeing as I'm talking about the soundtrack and the Silmarillion, has anyone else noted the fact that the themes belonging to Saruman and Sauron's minions always get resolved into one of the heroic themes?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The other had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony, but rahter a clamourous unison as of many trumpets braying upon a few notes . . .but it seemd that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattersn.<BR>Ainulindale, pg 17 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Remind anyone of the Nazgul's music from such tracks as Shadow of the Past? Or Flight to the Ford? ^~<p>[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: Naaramare ]

si man i yulma nin equantuva? [my blog]
Naaramare is offline   Reply With Quote