View Single Post
Old 01-30-2003, 10:03 PM   #71
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And one thing that I myself don't quite understand is why does everyone care so much? So what if we hate Arwen in the movies. Let us, we have every right to. And whay can't you just ignore our complaints. If you really thin about it, it's just so simple, in fact, it's easier than posting on why you don't like our complaints or why you can't understand wy we complain. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>But I don't dislike your complaints, Willie. And I have no problem with you disliking the films. I am just interested in finding out why you feel so strongly about it. When I came out of TTT after seeing it for the first time, I had very mixed feelings, and these threads have helped me to work out how I feel about it. I certainly enjoyed the film much more second time round, because I wasn't so preoccupied with all these changes.<P>Maybe I'm wrong, but I understood that threads like this were supposed to involve discussion, rather than unremitting agreement. Most threads would surely be rather dull and short-lived if everyone agreed on them. Having read the posts, I can see why some people didn't like Arwen in the films and why some people did. I like to see both sides.<P>You are right that this thread has rather expanded beyond its original topic, but isn't that just the way of threads! And, it would be difficult to respond directly to points made on this thread by posting them elsewhere.