View Single Post
Old 01-30-2003, 09:57 PM   #70
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

Ah, no. Sorry. This thread was <B>not</B> designed as an Arwen Hatersmoot. What kind of a discussion is that? This was not titled, "101 Reasons Why Arwen Sucks". Let me repost (in full) the opening post for this thread, by Lily Ahern:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Why don't people like Arwen in the movie , I know that they gave her an extended piece but that is no reason to rag on her! <BR>P.J (Peter Jackson)also had round out the movie with a bit of romance . If they didn't have arwen who would they have ? Eowyn? too early in the first one and in the books eowyn marries faramir then who would they have? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So, obviously, the whole point is to have people talk about the pros and cons of Arwen. So yes, to say "don't complain about Arwen here" is wrong, but it is also wrong to say:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> This thread is a one-sided critique on Arwen in the film. It's only supposed to be discussing why people do not like her in the movies, not why you do like her in the movies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>