View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 07:19 AM   #40
Melephelwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Melephelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Why on earth, for example, does Faramir think its a good idea to let Frodo and Sam go to Mordor after all, when he's just witnessed Frodo almost giving it to a Nazgul? <P><BR>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> I think we finally understand each other, Frodo Baggins <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Surely he should have been saying "What the **** do you think you were you doing? Are you mad? Look. Give it here and I'll take it to Mordor". OK, a radical storyline change, but it would have made more sense in the circumstances. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think the "I think we finally understand etc." line was intended on the things Sam told Faramir about Boromir. And perhaps he saw that the Ring wasn't just going for "Me! Me! I'm son of of Steward of Gondor! I'm the best!" but anyone who could get it back to Sauron. You know, realizing that he wasn't <I>that</I> special to the Ring. And understanding that Frodo & Sam were the only ones who could get the Ring to Mordor without getting caught.<BR>But it doesn't belong in this thread, I'll go find a Faramir thread
And we dance beneath the moon
Melephelwen is offline   Reply With Quote