Thread: bad audience
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 05:41 AM   #35
Midgardsormen
Animated Skeleton

Midgardsormen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very interesting reading everyone's experiences. My first viewing was on opening night...we got there an hour early and got good seats...unfortunately, although almost everyone was a fan...the girl next to me was with her boyfriend (he was the fan, not her). so for the first half of the movie, every time the scene was a bit quiet....she would noisily pull one crisp out of the bag and crunch it slowly between her teeth <BR>Luckily...she finally finished the bag!!<BR>Second viewing was good although there were some comment and a bit of rustling noises.<BR>Third time was fabulous....we had a power blackout, most people left and the the power came back and the 9 of us who were left were told we could see the rest of the movie...absolute silence...wonderful. Fourth time not so good. (not interested friend figiting the whole time)....fifth & sixth not bad....but the 7th time <BR>It was the first viewing with the TTT trailer. The whole cinema was full of fans...it was easy to know because we all reacted BEFORE things happened. It was wonderful!! And when the trailer came the atmosphere was electric!!!!!!! And everyone clapped at the end of the trailer <BR>So, overall, generally good. Only once did a mobile phone go off, and the person turned it off straight away. <BR>Given my experience I think getting tickets for opening night is the best as one is most likely to be watching with other fans.