Thread: bad audience
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2002, 04:51 PM   #24
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've also been lucky the two times I saw FOTR. Though the first time I saw it, we got there later than expected (NOT before it had begun) the first week it was out and my boyfriend and I had to sit in the 2nd row! Ugh! Orcs are mighty big at that distance! Plus the guy next to us was obviously a big fan because he was laughing girlishly at inside jokes (esp. the shortcut to mushrooms bit) But it wasn't that bad. No cell phones either time and I live in the Silicon Valley where cell phones are as common as watches. The second time we saw it, I had read FOTR and could understand it better, so me and the bf whispered about a few things back and forth, very softly. (I swear) When Gandalf fell to the Balrog, I was teary and there were lots of people clearing their throats and sniffing. Everyone stood up to leave but then the TT trailer came on and EVERY SINGLE PERSON sat down and watched in awe. I was shaking! So exciting! As we left the theatre, this teen girl and her bf were walking out behind us, and she was whining, "I didn't like it. Too much fire and killing... blah blah..." I responded by loudly telling my bf, "Not enough killing and goriness! Can't wait for Helm's Deep!" bwahahaha!<P>I think there should be separate showings for people who have read the books and have respect for them, and for everyone else who hasn't a clue and might talk through the whole thing. ("Who's Saruman? Isn't he a good guy? Why is that thing following the fellowship? I don't get it!!")