View Single Post
Old 03-14-2002, 09:23 PM   #5
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ed Wood, oh God. "Plan 9 From Middle-Earth" in which the sets shake and the actor playing Gandalf dies a few days into shooting, so they replace him with someone who looks kind of like, only not *quite*. And of course, the scene in the Shire where the hobbits confront Sharkey (it's been a while since I've seen Plan 9, so forgive my faulty memory).<P>Sharkey: Tell me, why do you do what you are doing? Why did you kill my Orcs and terrify everyone living in Isengard, innocent people who had done nothing wrong?<P>Frodo: Because you are one of those who said that Hobbits do not exist! Do you think we did those things for no reason? Do you think that we killed Orcs needlessly? You think we do not know Iluvatar. Did it never occur to you that we, too, know Iluvatar and fear destruction? We killed the Orcs because we needed you to acknowledge our existence, the existence of Hobbits - to respect our existence, and acknowledge that fact!<P>Enough. This is painful. Nice thread though, Birdland .