View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 07:18 AM   #113
Melephelwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Melephelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't want to bring this topic back alive (again, again) but I just need to answer to this, and then I'll leave the thread for good (in case anybody wants to know )<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> There are many episods wich are stolen from the LOTR.For example mirror , doesn't it remind the Galadriels mirror? - Tel'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Uhm, no. The Mirror in HP (I persume you are referrring to the mirror, which showes the dreams?) It only shows people's deepest, most desperate dreams/wishes. A very private thing, actually, but that's not the point. Galadriel's Mirror shows "shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be." It <I>can</I> also show what people wish to see, but as I understood the book, Galadriel would have to force the mirror. Anyway, I don't think you read the thread, 'cause it is stated there several times, that you cannot compare things in that way. If you talk about "plagiarising"(sp?) Tolkien did it as much as Rowling. And both books/series are written (and published) so it doesn't really matter.<BR>And to all of you, I sort of disagree that HP should be that bad and 'childish'. I started a reread two days ago, and though it might be a bit easy in the language compared to LotR, it's not bad at all!!<BR>Just my opinion, and I'm honored that you read this!
And we dance beneath the moon